A leading manufacturing business based in the city of Hull are seeking to appoint Design Engineer to join their growing R&D Department. Based at their R&D Centre of Excellence the Design Engineer will work on NPI & continuous improvement projects to deliver market leading products. The Design Engineer will work as part of a multi-discipline team and report to the Head of Combustion. The Design Engineer will also be responsible for:
- Lead design aspects of R&D projects
- Provide design leadership/responsibility for R&D projects
- Help define the Product Specification
- Provide solutions to design problems
- Responsible for the completion of design work on given R&D projects
- Support the Project Manager
- Liaise closely with suppliers and cross-functional team members
- Ensure that design conforms to specified product performance and cost
- Responsible for the timely release of all design data, including: General arrangement layouts, detail drawings, Spares data, Implementation of FMEA generated output and Certification drawings
- Responsible for the quality of released data
- Material choice, tolerance etc.
- Ensure suitability of design for manufacture & assembly DFM/DFA
- Look for improvement opportunities in current working practices
To be successful in the role of Design Engineer you will have:
- Knowledge of 3D CAD (preferably NX/Solidedge)
- A Logical mind with the ability to analyse and evaluate information quickly and accurately
- A solid background in product development and innovation
- An understanding of full product generation from concept through to product implementation
- relevant qualifications, preferably HNC/HND or degree qualified
- An ability to design for a range of manufacturing techniques (DFM, DFA, DFMA)
- The ability to communicate and build relationships with both internal and external teams
- Excellent relationship building skills, and a can-do attitude
- Excellent communication skills
Please apply by following the directions on the website, alternatively for more information and a full outline of the role, call Joe Makin on 01482 628808.
All direct and third-party applications will be forwarded to Emmerson Kitney.
Emmerson Kitney is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Policy is available upon request.
Emmerson Kitney is acting in the capacity of an Employment Agency for permanent appointments and an Employment Business for temporary assignments.