A new position has arisen for a Health and Safety Coordinator to join a well-established Hull manufacturer. They have seen significant growth in the last year and set to grow even more with exciting prospects on the horizon. The position itself is a brand-new position for the company and would be an exciting opportunity for someone looking for a challenge and to progress.
As the Health and Safety Coordinator, you will report to Head of Operations and be responsible for;
- Be responsible for creating and completing risk assessments
- Create risk assessments in accordance to COSHH regulations
- Educate new starters and staff on health and safety protocols and any updates to protocols
- Work closely with the Site Supervisors to ensure Health and Safety protocols are managed and adhered to
- Responsible for Health and Safety across 3 sites; in Hull and Driffield with majority of time spent in Hull
- Working weekly with the Health and Safety consultant responding to immediate actions and advisories
- Must be able to communicate with staff at all levels including providing feedback and reports to management including strategies to improve health and safety
- Monitor and organise Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in accordance with legislation requirements
- Create and develop new plans to improve health and safety
- Fire safety management and testing regularly
To be the successful Health and Safety Coordinator you will have;
- Must have a NEBOSH general certificate
- Experience in a Health and Safety role ideally within a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of staff including management
- Be an organised individual, have the ability to follow procedures and manage your own work
All direct and third-party applications will be forwarded to Emmerson Kitney.
Emmerson Kitney is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Policy is available upon request.
Emmerson Kitney is acting in the capacity of an Employment Agency for permanent appointments and an Employment Business for temporary assignments.