A leading manufacturing business based in the city of Hull are seeking to appoint Instrumentation & Calibration Engineer to join their growing R&D Department. Based at their R&D Centre of Excellence the Instrumentation & Calibration Engineer will be responsible for the maintenance and calibration of the laboratory equipment utilised for working on NPI and engineering change programmes. The Instrumentation & Calibration Engineer will work as part of a multi-discipline team and report to the Senior Instrumentation & Calibration Engineer. The Instrumentation & Calibration Engineer will also be responsible for:
- Work collaboratively with development engineers on all projects.
- Specify, source and generate capital expenditure for ordering new equipment for new development projects.
- Ensure all test equipment in development labs are in tolerance and calibrated to National Standards. (Checked by internal Quality Audit and BSI)
- Ensure all equipment in development labs are annually calibrated.
- Install new equipment as required.
- Have working knowledge of data acquisition.
- Have working knowledge of specification and construction of test panels to control 240V and 24V equipment.
- Repair or arrange external repair of faulty equipment.
- Understand / calculate accuracies and uncertainties for calibration.
- Maintain up to date calibration system to comply with British Standards, comprising of over 1250 pieces of equipment.
- Maintain accurate history of calibrated equipment.
- Produce / obtain calibration certificates.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with colleagues.
To be successful in the role of Instrumentation & Calibration Engineer you will have:
- A flexible approach to instrumentation, test rig breakdown and problems ensure availability of equipment
- Working knowledge of gas and water flow measurement, Electrical measurement, Temperature measurement and pressure measurement
- An ability to maintain test equipment to the correct standards
- Working knowledge of maintenance and calibration procedures
- The ability to communicate and build relationships with both internal and external teams
- Excellent relationship building skills, and a can-do attitude
- Relevant subject area qualifications, HNC/HND, a degree is desirable
- Knowledge of gas appliance test laboratories is a desirable, as is the knowledge and understanding of regulations and standards related to test equipment for the laboratory testing of gas appliances.
Please apply by following the directions on the website, alternatively for more information and a full outline of the role, call Joe Makin on 01482 628808.
All direct and third-party applications will be forwarded to Emmerson Kitney.
Emmerson Kitney is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Policy is available upon request.
Emmerson Kitney is acting in the capacity of an Employment Agency for permanent appointments and an Employment Business for temporary assignments.